Saturday, January 25

January Twenty Fourteen

The new year has come and gone, and it's mid-January. Which means that I'm back to listening to tropical summertime music, and wishing that I was literally anywhere warmer than here. One-way ticket to Death Valley, Nevada? Don't mind if I do. 
Here's a recap of my favourites from this month, and some old favourites from 2013.

Youth Lagoon - Afternoon
This was hands down my favourite song of 2013. I still can't get enough of it.


Stars - Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It
Another favourite from 2013.


Boy - Little Numbers
I honestly can't remember if I've mentioned this song on my blog before, but I was absolutely loved this song last January. It's still pretty catchy.


Kalle Mattson - Waterfalls
This Ottawa-based band has got one of the best music videos I've ever seen. The camera effects are so well done, and San Francisco is such a beautiful city. It's a great song for a study break.

Tegan and Sara - Guilty As Charged
Tegan and Sara came back, aiiiiieee! They're new album is very poppy, but I think they pulled it off regardless. Closer was their catchy single, and it's been used for many a workout this year, but Guilty As Charged was my favourite off of Heartthrob.


Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers


John Newman - Losing Sleep


Other favourites from 2013 include Kids by Mikky Ekko, Two-Way Street by Kimbra, Royals by Lorde, The Mother We Share by CHVRCHES, Papaoutai by Stromae, and Something Good by Alt-J

2014
Wild Cub - Thunder Clatter
This bright and cheerful song is by a band that just released their first full-length album, Youth. I'm excited to see how the band will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment